Monday, September 22, 2008

A Married Man's Bathwater

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1059159/My-funny-old-life-Julie-Walters-tells-story--reveals-painful-truths-past.html

Daily Mail [UK]
22 September 2008

My funny old life: Julie Walters tells her story - and reveals some painful truths about her past

By Julie Walters

[...] Then, at secondary school, I laboured under the delusion, born of a rumour spread throughout my year, that if a girl had splayed feet, it meant that she had lost her virginity. It didn't occur to me that my mother's feet, for instance, pointed straight out in front.

I was also told by some informed soul that you could get pregnant by sitting in a married man's bathwater, so I always gave the bath a good rinse if my father had been in before me. [...]

Abridged extract from THAT'S ANOTHER STORY by Julie Walters.

No comments:

Post a Comment