Monday, August 17, 2009

On top of Marilyn Monroe

William Poundstone, Biggest Secrets (New York: Quill, 1993), p. 258.

Urban legend tells of a man who was so enamored of Marilyn Monroe that he bought the empty crypt above hers. Eventually the man died and was placed in the crypt. A few friends lingered at the funeral until everyone else had left. Then they honored the dead man's last request. They turned the body face down, on top of Monroe for eternity.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-marilyn14-2009aug14,0,2135061.story

Los Angeles Times
14 August 2009

For sale: eternity with Marilyn Monroe

Elsie Poncher wants to sell the crypt, now occupied by her husband, above the actress to help pay off her Beverly Hills mortgage. Her starting price on EBay: $500,000.

By Jeff Gottlieb

[...] When he was dying, Elsie said, her husband approached her with a request. "He said, 'If I croak, if you don't put me upside down over Marilyn, I'll haunt you the rest of my life.' "

Right after the funeral, Elsie said, she told the funeral director of her husband's wish. "I was standing right there, and he turned him over," she said. [...]

No comments:

Post a Comment